What a relief... to stop fighting with life. Let's face it, shit happens. Things won't always go the way I want them to. My hormones are going to shift and change throughout the month. I'm not always going to get a good night's sleep. I'm not always going to make good choices. There will be times when I do fail. My kids are going to get on my nerves. My husband isn't going to be perfect. My parents, my siblings, my in-laws and my friends are not always going to meet my expectations. And so I let go! I surrendered! I stopped being such a control freak (that one is still really, really hard)! And I stopped being a perfectionist (that's another hard one)!
TAKE A DEEP BREATHE...
Just like that, I shifted my focus on what I could do differently; what I could control. And I began a 'bad day' ritual... Let me share it with you.
1) If you're having a bad day, don't fight it. Surrender. Accept what it is... it's just a bad day. Don't make it such a big deal. This too shall pass.
2) Open a door or a window in your house and shoo the bad energy out. Visualize with each shoo, all the negativity leaving your environment. Do this for a minute or so.
3) Light a candle. Invite Spirit to be with you and ask to be shown what it is you are needing to see from your bad day.
4) Burn some incense or essential oils. Nice smelly scents always boost our moods.
5) Play some spiritual or meditative background music. This will create a peaceful ambiance.
6) Take out a piece of paper and write down your feelings no matter how ugly they are. Get it all out.
7) Do not judge how you feel. Do not judge yourself. Take the piece of paper and burn it. Visualize all of your worried and stressful feelings leaving you... they are going up in smoke. (You can also cut up the papers in a million pieces... that works too.)
8) Take out your gratitude journal and write down three things you are grateful for.
9) Take another piece of paper and quickly jot down three things you want to accomplish throughout the day (they don't have to be big).
10) Get working on your to-do list and do not allow any interruptions.
If you actually implement these things when you have a bad day, I am certain you will boost your mood in less than one hour. Try it out and please be sure to let me know how it works for you and as always... share the love with your family and friends.
Affirmation on a bad day. Dear _________, today I'm having a really bad day. I feel so helpless and hopeless today. I know it isn't true that my life is bad. In fact, I know I have so much to be grateful for. Please help me to change my perspective today. Please help me to be gentle and loving toward myself as if I were my own child. Please help me to love myself and to give to myself whatever I need today without feeling guilty. Please help me to deal with my bad day instead of taking it out on others. Please be with me all day long. And may tomorrow be a great new day... I love you. I thank you. And so it is.
p.s. You can buy incense, candles, meditative music and so much more at stores such as: Crimson Quill in St.Albert or Ascendant Books in Edmonton or do a search on Superpages.